West Lothian Lodger Agreement

This is when two or more people sign a rental agreement and agree together to comply with its terms and conditions. The Housing (Scotland) Act 2001 gives tenants the right to apply for a common lease and the lessor must give its consent, unless it has grounds for refusal. As of November 1, 2019, the proposed tenant must have been a resident for 12 months and have informed us. She and the other co-tenants are also responsible for complying with all the terms of the tenancy agreement – which is declared jointly liable. For example: Fill out a common rental form and return it to your local housing office. You may receive housing benefit if you need help paying your rent. The housing allowance can be paid for all or part of your rent. The amount you receive depends on your income and circumstances. If you have one or more “replacement rooms,” your housing allowance may be reduced.

This is called the chamber tax. It can also cover some service charges, but no fees for: The price means that people in the same circumstances as you, and those who live in the same area, receive the same amount of help. The amount of housing benefit you receive depends on your circumstances. This includes: The housing allowance may help with rental costs, but it does not cover the cost of: If you are a tenant of the East Lothian Council and wish to be accommodated by another tenant of the East Lothian Council or the Housing Association in East Lothian, you can get additional points if you abandon the two tenancy contracts to move together into a new common rent. An application should be made. Depending on where you live, you may need a universal credit. The universal credit replaces the housing allowance for working-age households. If you rent a house from a council or a landlord of the housing company, the housing allowance can pay one or all of your rent. Please note the theme “Against a housing decision.”